Date:      Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:40:19 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Dustin Wilhoit <lists@elhombre.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Geom_gbde and Hardware Crypto Accelerators

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:21:34 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>After searching google and the archives I wasn't able to find any=20
>current information on the status of hardware cryptographic=20
>accelerators (like the Soekris vpn1401) and gbde.  Can gbde harness the=20
>power of one of these accelerator cards yet?  If so do they provide=20
>significant offloading from the processor(s)?  Any comments on the=20
>Soekris vpn1401 card I've been thinking about?  Thanks in advance.

Hi,
	It wont work.   I know the authorth was thinking about adding
VIA C3/Padlock support, but not sure the details.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa, Sentex communications http://www.sentex.net
Providing Internet Access since 1994
mike@sentex.net, (http://www.tancsa.com)