Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:33:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: So, tell me again why we can't read audio CDs in SCSI drives?

Kenneth D. Merry <ken@kdm.org> wrote in list.freebsd-current:
 > Also, you might want to try mailing Oliver Fromme
 > <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de> (the author of tosha) and see if he
 > has any idea what it would take to get your drive to function.

I'm reading this thread, and no, I have no idea.  :-)
To be honest, I've never heard about an "SAF" drive.

If I had such a stubborn drive, I would start trying a bunch
of "typical" parameter sets that are known to work with other
drives, and then try to interpret the results.  Maybe try to
contact the vendor and ask for docs, but that's pretty much
fruitless, as experience shows.  If all else fails, make a
brute-force attack on density codes...

Jordan, if you can get that drive to work with tosha somehow,
please let me know, so I ca add it to the regular tosha
distribution.

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  The email address that Ken mentioned isn't valid, please
use <olli@fromme.com>.

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)