Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 01:59:34 -0700
From:      csmith@northcoast.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New to FreeBSD.

I just made the decission to go with FreeBSD over Linux.
I was able to get version 2.0.5, 2 CD-rom set.  Ok, I have made the boot
disk, and when I tell it to use the Media of CDROM, it says that the
device is not to be found.  I just installed a new CD-rom drive, and it
is using an Interface card, since it doesn't seem to like going through
an EIDE card, as a slave or primary drive..  Ok, is there away around
this, I have looked on other sites, and have seen a driver for the APADI
(sp) IDE driver support.  Will this work, not ready to try it yet.
Thanks.
-Charles Smith