Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:00:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EGCS and Alpha builds

Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
> At Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:48:26 -0700 (PDT),
> John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com> wrote:
>>
>> #define DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO 0
>
> I added the line to freebsd.h, but compile failed because
> 'INCOMING_RETURN_ADDR_RTX' is not defined. it is defined only
> in i386/i386.h but not in alpha/*.

Oh.  Sorry for the bad advice, then.  I guess the dwarf2 exceptions
must not be supported on the alpha at this time.

> BTW, dwarf2out.c is conditioned with '#ifdef DWARF2_DEBUGGING_INFO'.
> Doesn't '#define DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO 0' mean enabling DWARF2?

I thought it meant enable DWARF2 but leave the default for exceptions
as setjmp-longjmp.  But I obviously don't understand it as well as I
thought I did. :-}

John
---
  "Self-interest is the aphrodisiac of belief."           -- James V. DeLong