Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:47:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        nate@root.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No more floppy drive

In message: <41335688.1060805@root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate@root.org> writes:
: Basically, systems that have AML that claim 0x3f2-0x3f5,0x3f7 are
: correct and we need to only allocate those ports.  In fact, we shouldn't
: allocate 0x3f0-0x3f1 unless on a PS/2 system.  However, our floppy code
: assumes a base of 0x3f0 and that's why people report error messages like:

Yes.  That's right.  I've understood that from early in the
conversations.  However, we don't have much of a choice for systems
that tell us 0x3f0-0x3f5, which is what the traditional range for
these ports really is.  This is a very recent development, and needs
some tcl to get right.  I have some patches in the works, but they
aren't ready yet.  Please be patient.

Warner