Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 16:09:54 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: proxy/nat question

Yes, I have gatewaying enabled, thanks.

I'm willing to go in to gotyy detail about all of the things I've tried,
but it might be loads simpler if somebody who has this working would
be so kind as to let me know what they did.

For example, if I fire up natd at all, I can no longer send packets "out"
even though the rulesets seem to allow outgoing packets.

Furthermore, when I connect to the ssh port on the aliased IP address, the
sshd I talk to is on the local host; no proxying is done.

I've tried Lots of options for natd.

I'm hoping to have:

- connections to port 22 on *1* IP address get proxied to another machine
- connections to port 22 on all other (local) addresses are handled
  on *this* machine (that would be the 127 address, and the primary
  addresses on each of the 2 NIC cards).

I'm almost ready to try running multiple sshd processes, with each one
answering for a specific IP address.