Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 06:53:44 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        raf1@cris.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Hitachi IDE CD-ROM drive...

>Is there any way that I can install 2.1.5 and "upgrade" to 2.1.6
>without needing tons and tons of HD space?  Or should I go ahead,
>install 2.1.5 and then download 2.1.6 and install over it?

The only "incremental" thing that you can do is to produce 2.1.6 from the
sources. To do this, you should use either CTM or CVSup. The baseline of
the source is on the 2nd CD. The CTM updates can be found on
ftp.freebsd.org (and mirrors) under FreeBSD-stable. If you want to use
CVSup, first download the current version of it.

Unfortunately, both of these solutions require a significant amount of HD.
However, HD is not all that expensive and 500Meg+ would be a good investment.