Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 1997 07:31:58 +1100
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD into larget corp. environment?

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 02:44:16 -0800  "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:

> So you think that the customer won't insist on talking to a human
> being as an initial contact?

I'm very dubious -- this is fine for the -xyz option is wrong in the
manual page, but not so good for "my fileserver has rebooted three
times today".  Try telling the Operations Manager "I've mailed the
problem report off ...".

My own experience of emailed problem reports is good (HP), OK
(pair.com, ISP who hosts my web page) and BAD (my local ISP, who is
about to field an official talk-to-the-support-manager complaint).

Has anyone official from FreeBSD Inc. (dobbing in Jordan :) spoken to
Pencom?  They run the AnswerDesk, "... an open systems support service
by and for the working system administrator.".  Maybe open systems
already includes FreeBSD?

(I guess this is Pencom's payback for the "free" beer at LISA. :)

	http://www.pencom.com/psa/answer.html
	info@pencom.com
	+1 (512) 343 1111

Regards,