Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:39:29 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PCI internal modem

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 10:49 -0600, Wayne M Barnes wrote:

>     How do I get my PCI modem card to work with FreeBSD 3.4?
>
> [ ... ]
>
> CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC4236 [0x3642630e] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x00000000]

I could be wrong, but why does this sound like a sound card to
me?  Don't look Crystal's chips (respective PnP cards) look like
this?  I don't have one around, but could someone check this?

Anyway -- IF it is a PCI card, why should it ever show up in the
ISA PnP section?  If the port is a real serial port, it should
behave and look just like any other serial port (i.e. io=0x2F8
for the third one, etc).  If it is a so called WinModem, chances
are bad that there will be driver if the manufacturer or dealer
won't provide one.

virtually yours - Gerhard Sittig
--
mail -s "get pgp key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net < /dev/null