Date:      Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:01:03 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Re: BSD direction/Damonnews article

| Well, the FreeBSD project owns its servers (they're all at Yahoo!) and

Does this mean the world's busiest ftp site will live on?  I remember the
announcement you (jkh) made, but i haven't heard if it's ascended to its
previous glory.  It's in europe now, right?  Or is that just the ftp site,
with the source servers on yahoo somewhere in the states?  What if yahoo
goes under?

I vote that the FreeBSD server be plastered into a wall somewhere, like that
Novell server.  :)

| I think the percentage of "top developers" who work for any
| corporation matching that description are low enough and stubborn
| enough that I don't see how "massive ungoodness" could happen.

'Low enough' in what sense?

| walk out in the face of massive pointy-hairedness since all the "top
| developers" know they're also massively employable here.

Where is 'here' ?

jcm
--
"I drank WHAT ?!" - Socrates