Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:13:19 -0000
From:      "Edmund Craske" <edmund@m00is.net>
To:        "'Wayne Sierke'" <ws+freebsd-questions@au.dyndns.ws>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Automatically maintaining dns server addresses from an externalrouter

Well, the upstream DNS servers you use from your ISP are
quite unlikely to have a change of IP address, and  with
the way that BIND works, when you set up forwarders, it
checks them first, then runs its queries to the root
servers if it can't get through. You could also configure
it just to use the root servers, though this is inefficient
traffic wise.

I've not had experience with other DNS daemons (ie djbdns)
but I'm sure they would work in a similar fashion.

Ed