Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:12:34 -0700
From:      "Nerius Landys" <nlandys@gmail.com>
To:        "Jonathan Chen" <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: daylight savings time

> The port misc/zoneinfo is what you need.
>
> I installed this port and ran 'tzsetup' afterwards.  Everything works
now.  Thanks.

I also edited /etc/make.conf to include the line "MK_ZONEINFO=no" as per the
instructions in the file /usr/ports/misc/zoneinfo/pkg-descr.  However, in my
5.5 distribution, /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf has no mention of this
variable (in fact my 7.0 FreeBSD computer has no mention of MK_ZONEINFO in
this file either).  So my question is - will the zoneinfo get clobbered if
and when I ever reinstall world?  Where can I find a comprehensive list of
available make options that can be put into make.conf?