Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:30:02 +0100
From:      Jaeckel Joachim <Joachim.Jaeckel@mgi.de>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Connecting_NC=B4s_or_Java-Terms_etc=2E_to_FreeB?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?SD=3F?=

Hello,

because our servers should move to the cellar, I=B4m searching
a possibility to connect something like a terminal to it, to
control the computers from my office.

For the beginning, it should only behave like an X-Terminal,
but I would like to use it in the future even as a java-terminal
or something like that. (It=B4d be nice, if the terminal has the
possibility to act as an windows-terminal, too.)

Now my question is, has anyone some experience with
connecting such a terminal (e.g. an IBM Netstation) to a
FreeBSD box? Or could give me a tip, which terminals
could be used?

I=B4m not sure, if I could use the IBM ones, because I=B4ve
read that they need something like a "manager-software"
installed on the server and I=B4ve only found the instructions
and software for AIX/RS6000, AS/400 or WindowsNT.
(But... I=B4ve heard that the NC-OS of the IBM-Netstations
is based on FreeBSD...)

Realy thankful for any comments, tips, URL=B4s or even a
report of experience!

Thanks in advance,
Joachim Jaeckel.