Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:51:43 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
To:        "Christoph P.U. Kukulies" <kuku@kukulies.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Shared object "libkvm.so.5" not found, required by "gdnc"

On 11/22/16 02:39, Christoph P.U. Kukulies wrote:
> In my startup log when booting FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1 I'm getting this:
>

> kernel: Shared object "libkvm.so.5" not found, required by "gdnc"
> kernel: GNUstep
>
> Any ideas what component/package is causing this?

Not sure this will help, but I did the following with a similar problem:

Generate a list of all installed port origins:

pkg info | awk "{ print \$1 }" >allports.txt
( xargs -L 1 <allports.txt pkg info ) | grep Origin | awk "{ print \$3 }" > allportorigins.txt

Then use a script to get a list of all installed libs by the port that
installed them:
#  bash ~/bin/findlibs.sh <allportorigins.txt >liborigins.txt

findlibs.sh:
#/usr/local/bin/bash
while read line ; do
  echo $line
  pkg info -b $line
done

You can then search the output to see who installed it.
There may be a much easier way...

Gary