Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:30:18 +0200
From:      Andreas Wetzel <mickey242@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad T30, 7.2-RELEASE, wrong CPU speed detected?

Andreas Wetzel wrote:
> After an upgrade from 7.1-RELEASE-p3 to 7.2-RELEASE, on an IBM ThinkPad
> T30:
>

> CPU: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz (1196.13-MHz 686-class
> CPU)
>                                           ^^^^^^^  ^^^^^^^^
>
> This seems not right.
>
> Additionally sysctl shows these:
>
> dev.cpu.0.freq: 1200
> dev.cpu.0.freq_levels: 1200/0 1050/0 900/0 750/0 600/0 450/0 300/0
>
> I know there has been some discussion going on a while ago, which
> suggested to
> not compile cpufreq into the kernel, which i will try in a few moments.
> Anyway, this does not seem right.

I have had no luck on this issue so far. The system is *not* running on
batteries. Running the Intel Processor ID Utility on Windows2k shows similar
results: Expected Frequency: 2.00 GHz, Actual Frequency: 1.29 GHz.

All relevant BIOS settings are set for maximum performance. Enabling or
disabling Intel Speed Step technology in the BIOS settings has no effect
whatsoever.

Resetting the BIOS to poweron defaults (which implies having to re-apply the
no-1802 fix for the Atheros based mini-PCI wi-fi card) temporarily fixed the
problem. But it re-appeared a short while thereafter, without anyone having
screwed with the BIOS settings in the meantime.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

--
Keep it icy man.
I don't want to end up a corpse before my time because you were daydreaming.