Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:58:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc

I've redirected this to -chat, it doesn't belong on -questions.

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 wb2oyc@cyberenet.net wrote:

> On 22:59:27 Snob Art Genre wrote:
> >>On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 wb2oyc@cyberenet.net wrote:
> >
> >Hmm, somehow only flamers seem to have that impression.  I have found
> >there to be a lot of generosity and cooperation around here.
> >
> Thats crap!  You guys flamed me for telling it like it is!  You couldn't
> deal with the facts.  All I did was lay it out there.  It was you guys that
> came back with the nonsensical comments making fools of yourselves.

It was your attitude and tone that people (including me) reacted to, not
your facts.  Everyone's aware of FreeBSD's ATAPI CD-ROM problems, and
nobody gets flamed for recognizing that.  What does provoke people is
messages that read "you suck because [linux | win95 | winnt] can
[recognize my cd-rom | score well on whankstone | execute an infinite
loop in 10 seconds] and FreeBSD can't!"

Do you seriously think that anyone would bother to flame you for pointing
out what they already know?  Do you seriously think that anyone has a
better knowledge of FreeBSD's limitations than the core team?

> >> they all work and FreeBSD doesn't, whose wrong here dude?  You
>
> >No Microsoft OS works by any definition of "work" that I use.  Linux
> >works, FreeBSD works.
> >
> You've got your head in the sand if you really believe that!  I hate uSlop

If I really believe what?  That Linux and FreeBSD work?  You're not going
to convince me otherwise.  That M$'s OSs don't work?  I believe what I
see, and that's what I see.

> too, and the only reason I do have it here at all is because I need it to
> support those at work!  Thats why I prefer Linux or FreeBSD, and use
> both far more than the other crap.  But you guys really do have a holier
> than thou attitude sometimes.  I've been on this list for about a year by
> the way, so I'm not some transient flamer............

So what are you?  An angel of truth, sent to tell the -questions-reading
community that FreeBSD doesn't always detect ATAPI CD-ROMs correctly?
Some kind of martyr?  Save yourself the effort, no one else is interested
in playing any of those games.

> Paul

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."