Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 01:43:54 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>, freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS-UP: new libxslt dependency

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 11:26:14PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 07:53:37AM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > > update the port (or install libxslt manually), so that the website build
> > > on your mirrors will continue to work.
> >
> > uhmm - what happens to people who are running mirrors on a non FreeBSD OS ?
>
> How are you mirroring the website?
>
> If you're just pulling down the files from the live site, using a tool
> like "mirror", then you will be unaffected.

Using CVSup with the 'www' collection should not be affected either,
right?

> On the other hand, if you're pulling down the FreeBSD CVS repository to
> another machine and building the website that way, *and* you're not
> doing the build on FreeBSD then my hat's off to you.  How are you
> managing at the moment?

AFAIK, there is a port of a BSD-compatibile make(1) utility to other OS's,
most Linux distributions call it 'pmake'.  I've been playing with the idea
of building it on some other OS and trying to run it on a couple of FreeBSD
Makefiles.. never really got 'round to it, though :>

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.