Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:11:16 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a.out buildworld still failing...

In article <18722.906451258@brown.pfcs.com>,
Harlan Stenn  <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com> wrote:
> I frequently re-cvsup and start with an *empty* /var/obj, just to be sure.
>
> This is about as far as I get; the irritating bit is that the failure point
> keeps moving around.  The disk is local - no NFS.
> eelf_i386.c:753: parse error before `lang_statemen'
> eelf_i386.c:57: warning: `gldelf_i386_find_statement_assignment' declared `stati
> c' but never defined

You've got some sort of hardware problem or kernel problem.
What the compiler is seeing as "lang_statemen" is actually
"lang_statement_union_type".  It's as though your file is truncated,
or filled with a block of 0s at that point.

If you failed to mention that you're overclocking, please give
yourself 3 firm whacks on the hand with a wooden ruler. :-)

John