Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:26:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@intercom.es>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Both PAP & login ??

El 16-Dec-98 a la(s) 00:11:35 Brian Somers escribia:

> If you want both login & pap authentication, simply specify a login
> script *and* an authname/authkey.

        Well my English surely sucks. I am already using both methods
with user-mode ppp, but thanks for the hint anyway, it actually took
me a while to realize what it was asking for.

> I'd be a bit surprised if your ISP is asking pppd only for pap and
> asking ppp for pap + login.... what do the logs say ?

        That is exactly what it looks like. He cannot know which ppp
I'm using, can he ?  Hold on, as soon as I figure out what I have to
log exactly I will post some.

                                                Manuel Garcia