Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 1998 13:23:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Doug Lo <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AT&T DjVu for FreeBSD

On 06-Aug-98 Doug Lo wrote:
>> On a side note, the Linux version does not work on FreeBSD.  It will "run",
>> but not display the files.  I did not test the Linux plug-in with the Linux
>> Netscape however.
>>

> Patrick,
>
> I can run Linux version djvu with no problems on FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE.
> What kind of problems do you encounter?
>
> Regards,
> Doug.

Two things:  One, the plug-in would not load due to a bad magic number.  So I
couldn't get the plug-in to work.

Second, when I tried to run the stand alone app, and view a djvu file I
downloaded, it would not display anything.  I also got the error:

Aug  5 12:59:26 gateway /kernel: Linux-emul(1254): clone() not supported

I'm running 2.2.6-STABLE cvsup'ped on July 20th (a few days before 2.2.7 was
released).  I'm re-supping now to see if that might have anything to do with it.

The AT&T folks also told me that the glibc5 version of djvu wouldn't work.  So
I gave up trying to make it work. ;)

Did you just install it with the install file?

Pat