Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:49:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH problem in 3.4

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

> 	I'm building a proprietary application on a 3.4-Stable system
> (vintage 2/28) that uses OpenSSL. I installed the rsaref port and the
> openssl port on the system (compiled fresh today from up to date
> ports) and I get this error:
>
> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so: undefined reference to
> `ERR_load_RSAREF_strings'
> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so: undefined reference to `RSA_PKCS1_RSAref'
>
> The same exact source build without problems on my 5.0-Current system, so
> I suspect that this has something to do with the recent changes to make
> things work with the version of openssh that's in the base for 4.0+.

As far as I can tell it's an openssl thing which I haven't been able to
cure with either 0.9.3a (installed manually) or 0.9.4 (from ports). I've
seen the same happen with Apache-SSL.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/