Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 12:01:11 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD into larget corp. environment?

Amancio Hasty stands accused of saying:

> If they are a big corporation they can hire a couple of programmers
> for the OS support. Is just that people have to get used to the
> notion that they can have control over their OS 8)

They don't want to do that.  Both I and the local enthusiasm agree that
it'd be the best way to go, but there's historical and management
resistance to the idea.  (They're scared of being stuck with an orphan,
basically.)

The conversation, as reported to me, went something like :

E: "Give me 8 hiring forms and I'll make this a supported platform for the
    entire Asia-Pacific region".
M: "Would you put your genitalia on the railway tracks for this?"
E: "Yes".

Unfortunately, courage and confidence aren't enough. 8(