Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 23:45:21 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Patrick Hyland <pbh@lostinspace.za.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   making more virtual ttyv's

I would like to create some more virtual tty's vy editing etc/tty
But first I need to MAKEDEV the tty's. These are the ttyv#'s I have now

[pbh@mercury] /dev $ ls ttyv
ttyv0  ttyv1  ttyv2  ttyv3

I thought making ttyv4 would be as simple as ./MAKEDEV ttyv4

but

[pbh@mercury] /dev $ ./MAKEDEV ttyv4
ttyv4 - no such device name
[pbh@mercury] /dev $

I obviously do not understand the process. If someone could help,
Id appreciate it. I want to make ttyv's for a total of 11 virtual terminals

Thanks
Patrick