Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 1994 00:36:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   nfs mounts

My 2.0 machine is nearly correct, I need a little more advice.  I am not
going to upgrade the 1.1.5.1 machine until 2.1, so after I got the
nameservers on both machines working right, I tried remotely mounting
directories.  The 2.0 machine easily mounted the 1.1.5.1 machines dirs,
but the 1.1.5.1 machine responded to the mount -t nfs command by ssaying
the portmap (RPC) command wasn't registered.  Does anyone have a notion
as to what's screwing this up?  BTW, the /etc/exports files are right,
don't think you have to look in that direction....

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (soon Freebsd 2.0) and
(301) 459-2316              | n3lxx (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1)