Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 09:16:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bootable CD IV

So, I guess my next questions is:

How do  create the 2.88M boot floppy image with the MFS stuff on it?  I
guess it merges somehow inside the kernel?  Am I right?  If so, how do i
compile my mfs into the kernel, and what do I put in the MFS?

Also, what files do I need to put on the boot floppy and what
configuration files do I need to edit?  If I cannot mount the cd as /, and
only the MFS can be /, then can I at lease mount it as /usr?  I am
assuming I would edit /etc/rc.local on the mfs root.

What I am wanting is a bootable cd that will take the user into an
automatic restore script, that will ask them to put the last tape in the
drive, and do a fdisk, disklabel, and newfs the hard drive, then restore
from tape.  Basicly, it's a foolproof method for disaster recovery is what
i am trying to get at.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall