Date:      Wed, 07 Jan 2004 20:45:59 -0500
From:      Tom Convery <tpc@tomfoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: logitech cordless optical mouse problems...

Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2003-12-30 17:42:20 (+0200), Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr> wrote:
>
>>This mouse has a USB connection and PS/2 connection to the computer. The
>>keyboard works but the mouse doesnt.
>

> I'm seeing the same thing.  When I use the PS/2 converter for the mouse, it
> works happily, when I use USB, only the keyboard works.  The ums driver
> attaches, but the mouse isn't moving.

[snip]

These symptoms sound similar to a problem with a Tangtop USBPS2
(keyboard + mouse) converter that I've been playing with for a few
weeks. Could you add a #define USB_DEBUG to src/sys/dev/usb/usb.h,
rebuild and reinstall your kernel or ums module (as appropriate), set
sysctl hw.usb.ums.debug=15, and (re)attach the USB device? If you would
send the resulting "ums_attach:..." messages from dmesg my way, I'd
appreciate it.

-tpc