Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2002 20:35:54 -0400
From:      "Bill Drescher" <bill@techservsys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: help with subnetting

On 3 Sep 2002 at 15:18, Eric Six wrote:

> Since your using private address space, why not use a full /24 at each site?
> 192.168.10.1-254 at site A, 192.168.11.1-254 at site B. This allows for
> future growth and makes things a helluva lot easier then dealing with
> subnetting.

because I already have a SCO server at 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.100
and, for those who don't know, changing the IP address of a SCO OpenServer
system means hand editing a number of obscure files and recompiling.  If I
can get away with subnets and just reprogram the routers that would be
easier...... maybe.

-bill-