Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:37:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshamlet@comcast.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spring cleaning - hardware give-away

I have a bit of functional, but older equipment I hate to throw away, but
no longer have the space to keep. If anyone is interested, it's yours for
the price of (actual) shipping. Some of this stuff might be able to go on
eBay (and may, if no one claims any of it), but I'd rather see if any of
my fellow FreeBSD users/fans are interested first.

1) Old vinum disk array. Contains 11 Seagate ST32550WD (HVD differential)
SCSI hard disks, a 20MB/s HVD/LVD converter, HVD terminator, and beefy
power supply. There is a cut out for a 8" fan, but the fan has long since
gone out. However, the mounting hardware for the fan and filter remain.

I used this in college to store MP3's, and as far as I know, they are
still on the array.

Weighs approximately 35 pounds - I can probably be talked into breaking
this up if you don't want all of the disks, or are only interested in the
SCSI converter, etc.

2) 15 meter (yes, meters) HVD SCSI cable. It's long, folks. Originally I
picked this up on eBay so I could keep the above array in a different room
(for noise reasons).

Somewhere around 5-6 pounds

3) CIT 224 serial terminal. Supports VT52/100/200 terminal modes, and can
operate (reliably) up to 9600 baud. 19200 is supported, but has problems.
I currently use it as a "head" for my headless server, but am looking to
replace it with an X terminal that draws just as much juice, and has a
GUI :) The keyboard is a tad yellow, but otherwise fine. It's previous
life was spent monitoring a router, so there may be some faint burn-in.

Probably 10-15 pounds with keyboard.

4) Symbios UW HVD SCSI controller. I'm trying to ditch all my HVD SCSI
gear, and this is the last controller on hand. Great if you want the above
array, but don't have an HVD controller. It is supported by FreeBSD (works
great too)

5) Voodoo 2 3D graphics accelerator - with passthrough cable. Still holds
up for older games. I may even have the SLI cable somewhere, though I only
have the one card.

6) Digi Digiboard PC/4e with DB9 (male) breakout cable. This is the older
ISA version of the card. In excellent condition (was bought new), but
replaced with PCI card after a server upgrade. This board is well
supported by FreeBSD - it formed the communications portion of a home
automation controller for some time. No manuals or disks, though - long
since lost in moves.

7) Analog Devices SHARC ez-kit lite development kit. Comes with
development board, power supply, and CD-ROM with software. I thought I was
going to get into programming DSP's, and bought the kit - but later
decided home automation was my thing. Works great, has stereo input and
output. Great for home-made equalizers or effects boxes, though it is a
tad underpowered.

2-3 pounds (mostly the power supply)

8) Motorola MC68ICS05P microcontroller development kit. Comes with lots of
interesting stuff, including the dev board. This part is well supported by
free tools, including from Motorola. Perfect for a senior design project -
unfortunately, I've already got a MSEE, and I don't plan on using this
kit anymore.

9) Paralan NARROW HVD-SE SCSI converter. Mounted in a 5.25" chassis, it
allows you to attach normal narrow SCSI devices to a HVD SCSI controller
(or vice versa). It is presently configured to terminate, but this can be
changed with jumpers.

More stuff may be dredged up as I finish Spring cleaning, but that's it
for now.

First come, first served - and remember, all you have to come up with is
shipping. I'd just like to see this gear end up in the hands of someone
who could use it.

Later,
Seth Henry