Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:43:42 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Shaun Courtney <shaun@emma.sea.uct.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cron job and at jobs

Hi

I wonder if someone can give me a pointer to fixing this problem.
I'm running 2.1.0:

I have a cron job that runs nightly to mirror a satellite image (if it
exists). Once it has be w3mir (Web mirror perl script) some processing
in done to the image to rename it to the image date etc... A perl
script then moves the image and writes a "at job file which is the
set to run 8 days latter.

Here is the problem, the script exits with the error:
Apr 28 04:35:00 emma atrun[29155]: Userid 107 mismatch name root - abortin
g job c00d33f57.00

I've tried to make the cron script setuid but this doesn't work!

HELP!

Thanks

Shaun Courtney

P.S. Here is the cron script:
#!/bin/sh
DATE=`date '+%d%m%y'`
echo "Started script at $DATE"
cd /usr/home/vanballe/bin/w3mir
echo "Grabbing lastest image..."
./w3mir http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/avhrr-images/agulhasgac/latest-1.gif
echo "Grabbing text page..."
lynx -dump http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/htbin/imagery/m:agulhasgac-0 > $DATE
.html
./noaa.pl < $DATE.html
rm $DATE.html
at  -f atjob now + 8 days
#rm atjob
echo "Removed temporary files and set at job."
echo "Fin."
Here is the atjob file:
rm -rf /home/vanballe/webdocs/25April1996.gif

--
Oceanography Department, University of Cape Town, South Africa
        <URL:http://www.sea.uct.ac.za:80/index.html>;