Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:00:17 GMT
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/148157: IPFW in kernel nat BUG found in FreeBSD  8.1-PRERELEASE

The following reply was made to PR amd64/148157; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
To: Shant Kassardjian <pookme@hotmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/148157: IPFW in kernel nat BUG found in FreeBSD
	8.1-PRERELEASE
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:52:01 -0700

 Hi,
     Do you have a backtrace for the issue (bt from ddb, or the
 equivalent bt from kgdb)? I'm asking because I saw various issues
 running with in kernel nat as well in various bits of the kernel --
 one was the ip routing code, one was the ipfw_nat code, and the other
 was the network driver that I was using, bce(4). All items suggested
 that there's a locking issue. The reference to the mail thread I
 started is here:
 http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2010-June/025594.html
 (note that it's an issue with 8.1-* and 9-CURRENT).
 Thanks,
 -Garrett