Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:09:05 +0100
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        "Nilton Jose Rizzo" <rizzo@i805.com.br>
Subject:   Re: clang support for compiler:openmp

--Sig_/tGJgmrLfbqXu2XWizAX_QlZ

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 18:59:26 -0300
"Nilton Jose Rizzo" <rizzo@i805.com.br> wrote:

> Em Mon, 7 Nov 2016 22:12:59 +0100, Matthieu Volat escreveu
> > On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:59:36 +0000
> > Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > [...]

>=20
>   I have one question about a llvm and clang ports.  it's possible
> port the llvm 3.9 and clang 4.0.0 with cuda support?
>=20
>=20

I don't think we'll see that anytime soon: even if there are now some compi=
lers that produce cuda PTX bytecode, you neeed userland and kernel code to =
actually compile it to native GPU code/push it/do data transfert, and only =
the nvidia official driver do that for now.

There's some of that in the linux compatibility part of the nvidia driver, =
and some people managed to use it in the past, but right now, I'm not so su=
re.

-- Mazhe