Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:40:37 +1000
From:      Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft@IPAustralia.Gov.AU>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tftpd[37993]: read: Connection refused. Help please.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am wriitng to ask your help use the tftpd server in FreeBSD
4.5-RELEASE-p4.

It is vital that I get it working to load an IOS image (firmware) into a
remote Cisco router whose image I destroyed.

Here is what the syslog shows

tftpd[37993]: read: Connection refused

The client (router) times out.

Here is my inetd.conf entry

tftp    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -l
/usr/home/anwsmh/routers
#tftp   dgram   udp     wait    nobody  /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd
/tftpboot

(where the directory /usr/home/anwsmh/routers contains world readable
images; the mail client has wrapped these entries).

It may be a new thing that FreeBSD tftpd cannot serve images to Cisco
routers.

The FreeBSD tftp client (tftp localhost) works fine.

No ipfw on tftpd server; no access lists on routers.

This is a fairly desperate plea for advice.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely.

-- Stanley Hopcroft