Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:23:21 +0200
From:      Waldemar Kornewald <Waldemar.Kornewald@web.de>
To:        FreeBSD-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: modularization

George V. Neville-Neil wrote:
> One other model to look at is The Click Modular Router, which is about
> modularizing the routing part of the code, as opposed to the end
> station code.  Look at http://www.xorp.org because Click, and FreeBSD
> are in there.

Thanks, this is really interesting.

> I have always thought that a network protocol toolkit would be a good
> thing, but admit that I have never had time to do the required work on
> our stack.  It would take a lot of reworking to get it right, as
> others have pointed out already.
>
> But...  If you do it, I want to know about it :-)

It seems that we will start with a monolithic module and then modularize
one part after the other (beginning with interface modules, probably).
Of course, I will send progress reports on this list. We at Haiku would
really appreciate working together with the FreeBSD team.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald