Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:49:03 +0200
From:      Cynic <cynic@mail.cz>
To:        Christopher Bush <bushroot3@home.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I'm having some trouble with kernel configuration

hi there,

this looks pretty much like my (working) kernel. what error
do you get? I don't know what machine it is (looks like the
original pentium, right?), but I'd suggest you start with
GENERIC, add/remove an option/device or two at a time, and
build it. you'll be eventually able to isolate the setting
that's giving you this error. I had the same problem as you
(though mine was bombing out in make), and this procedure
helped me out.

This might be stupid, but anyway... Have you done
# /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf before
make depend?

------end of quote------

cynic@mail.cz