Date:      14 Jun 2002 12:13:29 -0700
From:      Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Menubar (Re: cvs commit: libh/doc/hui hui.sgml)

The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx> writes:
> >okumoto     2002/06/14 02:40:19 CDT
> >
> >  Modified files:
> >    doc/hui              hui.sgml
> >  Log:
> >
> >  Note: We need to ether decide on a protcol to control the shared
> >  menu bar or we need to have menubars associated with windows.
> >
> I think  it would be problematic to make TVision have one menu bar per
> window. It would mean hacking tvision, and I don't think anyone wants that.
>
> However, we can change the only tvision menubar at will. A bit like Mac
> OS does. I know it sucks, but it's a valid workaround.
>
> In both cases, each window can have its own menu bar: in Qt, the menu
> bar shows up in the window and therefore the menu bars can be shown
> together, and in TVision, the menu bar changes as the window focus changes.

Actually that is what I was going to suggest.  Otherwise we are going to
have to write some sort of protocol document that everyone writing scripts
for libh will have to follow to prevent menu bar confusion.

I haven't looked at the scripts much be I think we will have to restructure
it a little, and create what I call subtasks.  For instance the disksetup
code creates a dialog box, but I think people might want to go back and
change things after they start adding packages and stuff.

> BTW: do you have the Qt menubar bug described in BUGS on the cleanup branch?

I am looking into both those bugs now.