Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 12:44:10 -0500
From:      Jeff Blaufuss <Jeff_Blaufuss@ndsu.nodak.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /var filesystem filling up when not full

I'm running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE on one of my systems, and I am having
problems with the /var filesystem filling up.  When I run du says that
it has 2.5MB of files in it, right now, when I run df, it says that /var
is 39% full (it is a 50MB filesystem).  What's going on?  It's filled up
twice before and it takes a reboot to get a more appropriate answer from
df.  Any help I get will be appreciated.

uname output:
FreeBSD durandal.localnet 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #1: Fri Mar 2
23:15:20 CST 2001

Jeff Blaufuss <Jeff_Blaufuss@ndsu.nodak.edu>