Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:02:09 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        davids@webmaster.com (David Schwartz)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPS API change assert/clear

> 	It seems that the logic of assert and clear have changed. Now an assertion
> of DCD is considered a clear, and vice-versa. Why was the logic broken?

The PPSAPI draft was clarified and we were the odd ones out, so we changed
to be compatable to the rest.

If you are using the Oncore driver, you can just add a line "CLEAR" to
your /etc/ntp.oncore config file and all would be well again. It you
are using one of the other drivers that use the PPSAPI through
refclock_gtlin(), I have a patch to make it configurable from ntp.conf.
Email me and I'll send it to you. With a bit of luck it should make it
into the next version of ntp.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za