Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:13:28 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop NIC, PCIe 1x supported in FreeBSD 6.2?

--==_Exmh_1168215208_88367P

On 1/7/07,"Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, all released Intel PCI-E wired NICs are supported,  sometimes not all
> features of the hardware are supported, but my job at Intel is to keep
> the driver
> working with new hardware, and to add support for features that don't have
> such now.

And my sincere thanks to both Intel and you for the efforts to make Intel wired Ethernet devices work well with FreeBSD.

Now, it someone could just explain why Intel is so good about this are of OSS support but still refuses to even discuss issues with OSS support for wireless cards.

Ah, well. Intel still does far batter than many hardware suppliers, in no small part due to Jack's efforts.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

--==_Exmh_1168215208_88367P