Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 20:39:17 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        kudzu@tenebras.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Numerous broken ports

On Sat 2000-04-29 (10:31), Michael Sierchio wrote:
> And FYI I've only been using BSD for twenty years...

That's nice for you.  That has little bearing on whether or not you need
to send error messages to the mailing list, or whether you can feel free
to insult the porters.

> > Yes, sometimes ports don't work.  If they don't work, you report it,
> > with error messages, and they get fixed.
>
> Having done this in the recent past, I got some clueless responses
> from ports maintainers like -- gee, it works for me...

Actually, this does work for me.  I found out why, and I can tell you
that it's because my system had scsi.h and sys/scsiio.h left over from
before.  Ok, so do you suggest we mark it broken then, or do you have a
fix?

Now, what about the other ports?  Your previous post, at least in the
mailing list, seemed not to get any particularly stupid comments.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Alpha Geek, Sunesi Clinical Systems