Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 1997 03:39:20 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <garycorc@idt.net>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating BootEasy to recognize FAT32 partitions

[this was sent to -mobile as that is where this thread
 and request for modification was made - feel free to
 also post this to one of the other lists (Jordan?) if
 you feel it is appropriate...]

I assembled and compiled a new version of BootEasy which
recognizes the FAT32 partition type and no longer prints
out question marks in both the installation program and
the boot program.  In addition, it will now let you boot
off the second disk even if you have more than two disks
installed.

The new version (1.8) of BootEasy has been uploaded to:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/bteasy18.zip

After considering things a little more, I changed the
"Amoeba" OS entry (which I've never even heard of) to
the new one because it gave me one more character.

I gave it a quick try on my single-disk experimental
Win98 machine, and it recognized the partition type
and worked fine.  Please give it a try and let me know
if you have any problems - but the changes I made were
so simple it should function as well as the previous
version...  (assuming the very-old Borland compiler I
used for the installation program compile didn't botch
the compile - it seemed to work fine)
 (famous last words?  :-)

Gary