Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:08:22 -0400
From:      "PSI, Mike Smith" <mlsmith@mitre.org>
To:        "Mike Silbersack" <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advice needed on running idiotic test for client

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Silbersack" <silby@silby.com>

> Are the TIME_WAIT sockets building up on the client or the server?
>
> 5.x has some features so that it does not allow too many TIME_WAIT sockets
> to build up beyond a certain threshold, but if you're using 4.x we can
> still tweak some sysctl values to achieve the effect you want.
>
> Mike "Silby" Silbersack

Seems like there might be some interest in this after all.....so I'll go
back to the list (feel free to chase this topic off if it is actually of
little interest - I won't be offended).

The buildup of the TIME_WAIT sockets is on the SERVER side. And I am using
FreeBSD 4.7 (with an incredible amount of kernel mods for ISO, QOS,
Air/Ground communications support, etc.) Mods don't affect this problem but
is why I am stuck with FreeBSD 4.7.

Mike Smith