Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:25:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Uncle Dave <krabotnik@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   disk allocation

Hello,

I am having a disk allocation problem with my FreeBSD
4.0 server. All files, even as small as 1K are being
allocated 512K of space on the hard drives. This is
resulting in 5 gig of data using 15 to 20 gig of disk
space. I am rapidly running out of space on the server
and have been unable to find any reference to disk
allocation or this sort of problem on the web or in
the FreeBSD handbook. I would greatly appreciate any
help you could provide. Thanks.

-Dave