Date:      Tue, 01 Oct 1996 13:00:46 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gdb port testing... gdb-4.16 to move into /usr/src soon...

garyj@frt.dec.com wrote:

> pst@jnx.com writes:
> > Folks,
> > If you're at all concerned about the fact that I will be upgrading our
> > GDB to GDB v4.16 with a completely revised set of FreeBSD changes, then
> > I strongly suggest that you test out the gdb "port" NOW.
> >
> > I'd like people to report bugs *before* we dump this on everyone in -current.
> >

> the testing I've done, mainly looking at crash dumps, indicates that the
> new gdb works at least as well as the old version.
for me, looking at stack traces on the new one (using the dgb stubs)
on a running kernel, were not as good on the new one as in the old one..
I'll try to give examples soon.

hmmmm now that I want to, the act the same.....

I guess this means I'm happy with the new one.
(I'm sure they acted differntly before, but.. as long as they work ok
now)