Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 01:14:15 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   java stuff...

Nate Williams has set up a cvs repository for freebsd developers which
are interested hacking the Sun's JDK. If you wish to part take in the
hacking fest and *are* a licensed SUN JDK send mail to
freebsd-java@freebsd.org again this is just for developers.

Why my interest in Java?

I am hoping to ride the wave of current intense activity on Java and
its GUI builders. I hope that this will translate into more multimedia
applications for FreeBSD as well as cool web applets 8)

My focus on the Java front is going to be in the application side not
so much on the low level work on the JDK.

Since we are trying to beef up the java support now is a good time to
start learning java if you are not up to speed on it.

Hopefully, Java with its associated tools  will ease the choir of writing
applications.

	Cheers,
	Amancio