Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:28:31 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: We're reading CIS!

> OK.  Looks like the newcard stuff is reading CIS.  Yippie skippie!

Great!  Thanks Warner-san!

> NEWCARD, a heavily modified version of NetBSD's and newconfig's pccard
> system, is now mapping and reading the CIS.  Now, to write the child

It would be nice to share code between ours and theirs in the
future just like USB stuff is doing.  Do you have a plan
s/pccard/pcmcia/g for sys/dev/pccard/ files?

> attachment code and to convert some drivers to use this and to shake
> out that stuff.  Also, need to consider the proper way to deal with
> the running of scripts on card events currently done by pccardd, as
> well as a way to get pccardc dumpcis and other functions into the new
> system.

Yeah.  I hope that we could have device event daemon for pccard, USB
and etc. using code from pccardd, usbd and apmd currently we have.
The events I mean are inserted, attached, detached, removed, power
state changed or something like that.
# Maybe we can include ACPI related stuff in it instead of apmd.

> Here's the edited dmesg from my last test run before the commit,
> followed by a pccardc dumpcis to show that things appear to be
> working:

Please do the commit soon, I'd like to see what kind of magic you did :)