Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:43:11 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "Jan B. Koum" <jkb@best.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my 2.2 is sick? (core dumps + reboots)

"Jan B. Koum" wrote:

>         Hello all,
>
>         This 486 box has been up for years. First as Linux, and last year
> as FreeBSD. All of a sudden it started to reboot. I think this box is very
> very sick. I suspect hardware (ram? power supply? keyboard wrong color?).
> What else can it be? Here is log:
>
> % grep exited messages
> Oct  6 12:11:19 zonker /kernel: pid 7364 (cc1), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> (core dumped)

	This is almost sure to be bad ram, or something on the motherboard that
interfaces with the ram has gone bad. Same thing happened to a friend of
mine and when we looked into fixing it a new computer turned out to be a
better option for her due to lack of parts availability.

Good luck,

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!