Date:      Mon, 7 May 2007 16:07:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gore Jarold <gore_jarold@yahoo.com>
To:        jahnke@sonatabio.com
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware3 on FreeBSD 6.2 - minor (?) svga problem ... more #2

--- Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 15:37 -0700, Gore Jarold
> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean:
> >
> > /usr/X11R6
>
> Right.
> >
> > I installed vanilla xorg out of ports.  Straight
> > 6.2-RELEASE ports tree - did not cvsup it or
> anything.
> >
> OK.  For present purposes I don't think this
> matters.
>
> So you installed vmware, did the BSD diddles with
> device.hints,
> sysctl and linprocfs, ran the install script, ran
> the wizard, and
> installed a virtual machine (a windows flavor I
> presume)
> and that went OK.  Now when you select that VM, and
> load it,
> you get this SVGA error?

I did device.hints, sysctl and linprocfs.  I assume by
the install script, you mean 001.vmware.sh ?

That script does not do anything for me (as far as I
can tell) it just outputs the word "Vmware" and does
nothing.

I then started vmware manually, and it immediately ran
the wizard for me and I created a VM.  I have never
been able to start that VM I created though.  It was
indeed a winXP Pro VM, but again, it has never started
- I have never even seen the BIOS screen in vmware...

Be a PS3 game guru.