Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:43:06 -0500
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        Alejandro lanjoe9 Valenzuela <lanjoe9@prodigy.net.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best HDD's for laptops?

in message <13508512fa00.12fa00135085@prodigy.net.mx>,
wrote Alejandro lanjoe9 Valenzuela thusly...

> Hello, my laptop's HDD (Toshiba MK401GAS 40 GB) had a horrible
> mechanical failure a few days ago, after about 3 years of use.

Reminds me of death of IBM 10GB drive (that came w/ Dell Inspiron
5000k) ... just after three years of warranty period of my laptop.

:(

> What HDD brands/models/manufacturers would you recommend?  I need
> one that resists heavy use..

Currently i have been using Fujitsu MHT2060AH 60GB hard drive for
about 8-9 months; cannot say how long it will last.  It has been
amazingly much quieter in comparison.

My usage consist mainly of writing/searching/reading files --
fetching email, (de)compression of ~2.5GB mbox, various log files.

  - Parv