Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 13:21:39 -0700
From:      Trevor Blackwell <tlb@anybots.com>
To:        Chris <admin2@forkthepenguin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB generic driver problems

I'm also trying to make the Labjack work on FreeBSD 4.9. I haven't
solved the problem, but I at least know why you're getting a "device not
configured" error when writing to the USB endpoint. The ugen driver
finds that:

  (sce->edesc->bmAttributes & UE_XFERTYPE) == UE_INTERRUPT

but only allows a generic write for devices with XFERTYPE of UE_BULK. So
it gives a ENXIO (device not configured) when you call write.

I've also fooled around with using the uhid driver, but I haven't been
able to complete a write with it either. If you figure it out, drop me a
note!

--
Trevor Blackwell      tlb@anybots.com       (650) 210-9272