Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 01:15:23 +0000
From:      "Michael G." <mikegoe@ibm.net>
To:        Peter Stephan <pstephan+@cs.cmu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on ThinkPad 560

First off, go to www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO and read about notebook
support.  Those items you mentioned you will not need to specifically
tell Freebsd about, however; be sure your not trying to use these IRQ
somewhere else.  I'm running 2.2.5 on my ThinkPad 750Cs, and although
it took a bit of work at first (mostly with XFree86) it runs fine.

Have fun!

Michael G.

> First, I apparently have an ESS ES1688 AudioDrive which uses IRQ 5 and
> ports 220, 330, and 388.  I'm not really sure what this is, but is there
> support for it in FreeBSD.
>
> Second, I have a 3Com 3C562 PCMCIA card.  It sounds like there is no way
> to use this with FreeBSD.  Is this correct?
>
> Third, is there anything special that I have to do to use the IR Serial
> port (COM2)?
>
> Fourth, do I need to specify the system timer (IRQ 0), keyboard (IRQ 1),
> programmable interrupt controller (IRQ 2), system CMOS/real time clock
> (IRQ 8), or the numeric data processor (IRQ 13) in my system
> configuration?
>
> I'd appreciate any guidance that you can give me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
> --
> Peter Stephan                CMU School of Computer Science
> pstephan@cs.cmu.edu          Research Programmer

Brought to you by the letters "O" and "S" and the number "2"

Live FreeBSD... or Die!

COBOL...the language of business!

C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN